Saratoga Casino & Hospitality Group Officially Named New Owners of Ellis Park

SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY (August 1, 2018) – On Monday, July 30, the sales transaction of Ellis Park to Saratoga Casino & Hospitality Group was complete and the group became the official new owners of the property.

“We’re very excited to own such an historic property,” said Daniel Gerrity, President of Saratoga Casino & Hospitality Group. “We look forward to learning even more about the Henderson and Evansville communities, and we’re eager to work towards our goal of delivering an experience that goes above and beyond guest expectations.”

Earlier this month Saratoga Casino & Hospitality Group sent a group of executives to Henderson, Kentucky to evaluate potential areas to improve upon, and to develop a plan to enhance the overall guest experience. Saratoga Casino & Hospitality Group has confirmed that they do not plan to make any changes to the current management team at Ellis Park.

“Our team at Ellis Park looks forward to working with Saratoga Casino & Hospitality Group,” said Jeff Hall, General Manager at Ellis Park. “We’re excited to improve on the great strides we’ve made as a racing and entertainment destination.”

Headquartered in Saratoga Springs, NY, Saratoga Casino & Hospitality Group is a subsidiary of Saratoga Harness Racing Inc., which oversees the daily operations of Saratoga Casino Hotel and Saratoga Casino Blackhawk in Black Hawk, Colorado.

In 2012, Saratoga Casino & Hospitality Group purchased a 30% minority stake in Ellis Park. The partnership allowed the property to invest in Instant Racing Machines that supplemented their thoroughbred racing product. The most recent transaction transferred the remaining 70% ownership stake to Saratoga Casino & Hospitality Group.

Saratoga Casino Hotel | Saratoga Springs, New York

Back to all