Saratoga Casino & Hospitality Group Acquires Ownership of Ellis Park

SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY (July 18, 2018) – On Tuesday, July 17, the Kentucky Gaming Commission voted to unanimously approve Saratoga Casino & Hospitality Group as the new owner and operator of Ellis Park. Located in Henderson, Kentucky, Ellis Park is home to a historic thoroughbred track, simulcasting and Instant Racing Machines.

“We would like to sincerely thank the Kentucky Gaming Commission for their timely approval of this transaction,” said Daniel Gerrity, President of Saratoga Casino & Hospitality Group. “I would also like to personally thank Mr. Ron Geary for his integral role in this transition process. Ron has been a consummate professional to work with during our now six-year partnership and we wish him and his family the very best as he begins his well-deserved retirement.”

In 2012, Saratoga Casino & Hospitality Group purchased a 30% minority stake in Ellis Park. The partnership paved way for Ellis Park to invest in Instant Racing Machines to supplement their thoroughbred racing product. Tuesday’s acquisition will transfer the remaining 70% ownership stake to Saratoga Casino & Hospitality Group.

“We’re confident that our working knowledge of the property will allow for a seamless transition and we’re very excited to further our commitments to Ellis Park, building upon the vision created by Ron Geary,” said Gerrity.

Headquartered in Saratoga Springs, NY, Saratoga Casino & Hospitality Group owns and operates Saratoga Casino Holdings LLC.

Saratoga Casino Hotel | Saratoga Springs, NY

Back to all