Gardener Assistant (Full-time)
REPORTS TO: Landscape Supervisor
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE: Gardening experience preferred, but will train. Good verbal communication skills. Valid driver’s license required.
- Know how/learn to identify and care for plants grown at Saratoga Casino Hotel.
- Responsible for watering and maintenance of gardens.
- Pruning, digging and planting material using proper procedures.
- Complete all tasks independently, without direct supervision.
- Able to work as part of a team and follow directions.
- Performs all duties as assigned.
- Promotes outstanding customer relations.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40lbs repeatedly.
- Must be able to stand/walk/kneel for up to 6-8 hours.
- Must be able to work in extremes of weather. Able to remain extremely flexible in an environment of constant change.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
· Competitive wages and benefits (Health, Dental, and Vision)
· Long term opportunities for growth and advancement
· A robust employee recognition program with an annual awards dinner
· Discounts here and at other local retail stores and service providers
· Team Member celebrations for holidays and other special events
· 401(k) and Roth IRA plans with immediate vesting and employer match up to 4%
· Hands for Hope- voluntary program for Team Members to dedicate their time to help uplift causes and organizations that have a positive impact on our community