Saratoga Casino Hotel, the premier entertainment venue in the Capital Region, has the following career opportunity for a Marketing Communications Specialist in the Marketing department. If you are interested in working in an exciting, team-oriented environment with excellent benefits and career opportunities, Saratoga Casino Hotel could be right for you! The successful candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree and three (3) or more years experience in Marketing, Communications or equivalent job experience.
- Writes, edits and proofreads copy for all marketing materials, including direct mail, collateral, signage and website.
- Acts as the company Media Relations Coordinator and is responsible for developing relationships with key media outlets and communicating all information with the press.
- Writes and distributing all company press releases, coordinates media events and is responsible for adhering to the Company’s publicity policies.
- Works closely with the Senior Director of Marketing on developing Advertising Strategies.
- Manages the daily advertising process with the company’s ad agency to ensure effective coordination and implementation of the advertising strategy. This includes; project management, coordinating deadlines; and reviewing monthly invoices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field is required
- Three plus years of experience in writing/editing, communications, and/or journalism
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal communication, writing, and editing skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with press.
- Required to work flexible hours, including holidays and weekends as needed.