REPORTS TO: Landscape Supervisor
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum four (4) years gardening experience required. Good verbal communication skills. Valid Driver’s license required.
- Identify plants grown at Saratoga Casino Hotel by name and growing requirements.
- Understand the use of fertilizer’s major elements and how they affect plants.
- Responsible to adjust watering needs of plants.
- Pruning, digging, and planting material using proper procedures.
- Complete all tasks independently, without direct supervision.
- Comply with all state and local laws and OSHA regulations.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as running a crew.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Promotes outstanding customer service relations.
- Able to lift and carry 40 lbs. repeatedly.
- Able to stand/walk/kneel for up to 6 – 8 hours.
- Able to work in extremes of weather. Able to remain extremely flexible in an environment of constant change.