REPORTS TO: Hotel Operations Manager
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one (1) year prior experience in guest service capacity preferred.
Excellent guest service skills; attentive and detail oriented. Ability to maintain a high energy level in a fast paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Effective communication skills with the ability to communicate with both guests and co-workers. Must have basic math skills with the ability to accurately handle cash and process sales transactions. Prior computer experience with Microsoft office and e-mail required, point of sale system experience preferred.
SCHEDULE REQUIREMENTS: Required to work flexible hours based on needs of the business.
- Greet guests upon arrival.
- Performs guest check-ins and check-outs, dispenses room keys.
- Receives payment from guests for room accommodations.
- Processes/posts transactions associated with guests stays including incidental charges.
- Coordinates with bell person for guest’s luggage transfers to rooms.
- Coordinates with housekeeping/maintenance for availability and readiness of rooms.
- Answers guest questions regarding facility and surrounding area.
- Acts as a sales member for promotion of internal events, dining, and packages.
- Forwards guest mail, package and deliveries to appropriate rooms.
- Answers incoming phone calls; operates telephone system to receive incoming messages and records guest messages.
- Completes assigned check lists and projects for scheduled shift.
- Assists with other front desk duties as assigned.
- Promotes outstanding customer relations.
- Occasional lifting/carrying of up to 25 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand and walk; ability to stand and remain stationary for entire length of shift.